Ocotillo Design crafts engaging, mobile-responsive websites, manages comprehensive online marketing projects, and develops website content including graphics, creative and technical writing, and email campaigns.
Our Design Philosophy
Our design philosophy is simple: successful websites have a real “sense of place.”
As such, they are elegant in design and aesthetics, usability and device compatibility, and architecture and content. The best websites — those that create a virtual sense of place — inspire and therefore motivate the user to investigate the site, learn about the content, make the purchase, and return often. Sites by Ocotillo Design, incorporating our proven design process and wide array of experience, are crafted to provide that virtual sense of place.
Who is Ocotillo Design?
Ocotillo Design’s experience includes:
Web Design and Project Management
- Twenty years experience as founder, editor-in-chief, and publisher of Terrain.org: A Journal of the Built + Natural Environments.
- Seventeen years experience designing, creating, managing, and marketing small business, community, artist, writer, and other websites as part of Ocotillo Design.
Why Choose Us?
You should choose Ocotillo Design for your web design, project management, and content development needs because:
- The Process. We use a proven five-phase process for website design that ensures the finished product is both what you want (even if you’re not sure what you want when you start) and the best product for your needs. This process has been used on websites large and small with great success.
- The Designs. Our websites are not overly flashy, dramatic, or theatrical — they are clean, elegant, and user-friendly. Moreover, they fit the needs of the organization or individual artist and the customer or other site visitor.
- The Tools. Ocotillo Design uses the WordPress content management system and customized themes for the majority of the websites we create. The word’s most popular and dynamic content management system, WordPress enables clients to maintain sites if they so choose from any web browser (or mobile device) after website launch.
- The Experience. Ocotillo Design has over 18 years experience designing, building, and maintaining a wide array of websites, from one-page promotions and HTML email campaigns to 1,000-page online journals. Just as importantly, we have as much experience managing website design and production as we do actually designing sites and developing graphical and narrative content. We know how to work with you to develop your best site.
- The Logical Conclusion. What do our site and portfolio tell you about Ocotillo Design? What do our testimonials say about working with us? How do our graphics and presentation feel to you? After we’ve presented the process and designs and experience, you’ll want to choose Ocotillo Design because it all fits. Together, we’ll craft your virtual sense of place.